Marketing Project Manager STARBUCKS
Join the passionate team heading up the Starbucks Brand in Sweden and Norway, the world’s 3rd most admired company (Forbes, 2017) as a Brand Manager for Starbucks. You will a central key player in shaping the future of Starbucks in your markets.
Starbucks Corporation is the leading roaster, retailer, and marketer of specialty coffee in the world. In addition to a variety of coffees and coffee drinks, Starbucks also feature other big brands such as Teavana. Starbucks purchases and roasts high-quality whole bean coffees, the essence of what we do – but it hardly tells the whole story. Every day, we go to work hoping to do two things: share great coffee and help make the world a little better. It was true when the first Starbucks opened in 1971, and it’s just as true today with + 24 000 stores globally.
Job Summary & Mission
This job contributes to building Starbucks success by leading the brand in assigned market (s). Support in development and execute on annual plans for all assigned pillars and brand (s), lead project groups in the creation of customer driven commercial actions and marketing plans that achieve business and financial goals. Act as a coach for internal art – director, agencies, suppliers, partners and many other stakeholders modeling and acting in accordance with the Starbucks Mission: To inspire and nurture the human spirt – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.
Position reports to Head of Marketing, located in Stockholm.
Weekly travels will occur including overnight stays.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Project / Brand Management:
- Independently leads and managers assigned commercial projects, on time and with commercial excellence.
- Set goals and direction for assigned areas / projects / brand (s) and lead supporting cross-functional teams. Ensure resources are available and hurdles are cleared to help meet these goals.
- Build strong relationships within a matrixed structure to ensure achievement of business objectives as well as marketing message consistency and adherence to brand guardrails.
- Plays a leadership role in ideating, testing, and launching new communication and product platforms, merchandising and technology innovations that improve customer experience.
- Leads and/or oversee day to day management of relevant digital and non-digital communication platforms, campaigns and brand communication projects.
- Track and conduct product forecasting, weekly sales performance analysis, supply-chain management, in-store merchandising, promotional offer planning, and marketing executions.
Planning & Execution:
- Support in creation of annual operating marketing plans including recommendations for products, pricing, packaging, promotions and merchandising.
- Coordinates and executes promotions that support and are consistent with companywide marketing and brand goals and objectives.
- Directs and oversees forecasting and business analysis: tracks, analyzes and communicates product and program performance. Recommends action plans to address variances in product portfolio performance against annual plan.
- Challenges and inspires store partners to achieve business results.
- Provides coaching, direction and support to help store partners, business and customer results.
- Manage a range of agencies and suppliers, building strong relationships and efficient outcome.
- Manage customer related feedback and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 or more years
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a similar role supporting marketing, brand management or product management.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to influence others, collaborate cross-functionally, and work in highly matrixed environment.
- Expert organizational and problem-solving skills, ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, and knowledge of merchandising and marketing fundamentals.
- Can effectively move between the fast pace of daily business management and more ambiguous longer-term strategic/innovation work streams.
- Brand building (top tier brands)
- FMCG / Retail industry.
- Working in fast-paced sales driven, consumer goods environment.
- Digital / Technical / Social Media knowledge.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Functions effectively with ambiguity.
- Experience from Norwegian and Swedish markets is preferred, including min. one Nordic language.
We look forward receiving your application as soon as possible. Interviews are held ongoing.
Shall you have any questions about the position, contact Désirée Oscarsson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Marketing Project Manager
Placement: Stockholm / Oslo
Type: Full time
Deadline: March 9th, selection and interviews will be conducted ongoing.
www.starbucks.com / .no / .se
Starbucks Norway och Starbucks Sweden är en del av UMOE restaurant Group, autoriserad licensor av Starbucks EMEA. Umoe Restaurant Group har ansvar för utveckling och drift av Starbucks på den Skandinaviska marknaden. Umoe Restaurant Group är Skandinaviens ledande restaurangföretag med en årlig omsättning på 2,6 miljarder norska kronor och närmare 5000 anställda fördelat på kända varumärken och koncept som Peppes Pizza, TGI Friday's, Burger King och Starbucks. Mer info på www.urg.no.